Dr. Ulf Lindqvist
Room EL 278
333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA, 94025
Phone: +1 (650) 859-2351
Fax:+1 (650) 859-2844
Email: myfirstname at sri dot com
Dr. Ulf Lindqvist manages R&D projects in infrastructure security and leads SRI's support for the Cyber Security Division at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Science and Technology Directorate. Dr. Lindqvist's expertise and interests are focused on cyber security, infrastructure systems, intrusion detection in computer systems, and security for systems that interact with the physical world.
He has more than 30 publications in the computer security area, many of which are bridging the gap between theoretical and applied research, and he holds one patent. He is the Chair of the IEEE Computer Society's Technical Committee on Security and Privacy and also the Vice Chair of the IEEE Cybersecurity Initiative. Dr. Lindqvist served for three years on the executive committee of the Institute for Information Infrastructure Protection (I3P), a consortium of leading national cyber security institutions, including academic research centers, government laboratories and non-profit organizations. He holds a Ph.D. in computer engineering and an M.S. in computer science and engineering, both from Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden.
In the News:
- Q&A with Ulf Lindqvist - IEEE Cybersecurity Initiative, December 15, 2015
- Tesla’s Response to Hacked Car Offers a Road Map for Fast Fixes - Bloomberg Business, August 7, 2015
- Tesla Model S Can Be Hacked, And Fixed (Which Is The Real News) - NPR, August 6, 2015
- Queen's University Belfast signs agreement on cyber security research with SRI International March 26, 2015
- Attacks Used the Internet Against Itself to Clog Traffic - The New York Times, March 28, 2013
- Cyberattack threat in Canada’s oil patch raises risk of disruptions, stolen data - Financial Post, January 3, 2013
- Weaknesses In Power Systems Spark Fear Of Science Fiction-Style Hack Sabotage - Associated Press, October 23, 2011. Appeared in The Huffington Post, The Daily Mail, and several other media outlets.
- IT professionals fret about smart grid cybersecurity - Infosecurity, August 19, 2011
- Control systems, smart meters could be vulnerable to smart grid attack - Infosecurity, June 10, 2011
- Data security a job for corporations, consumers - San Francisco Chronicle, May 7, 2011
- Department of Homeland Security Renews SRI Contract for Support of the Cyber Security Research and Development Center - SRI Press Release, September 28, 2010
- Electric Utility Industry and Critical Infrastructure - McAfee Podcast, August 23, 2010
- Expert Profile: A Conversation with IEEE on How to Protect Yourself Online
- How to Protect Personal Information - IEEE Press Release, November 10, 2009
- Cyber Attacks: The Business Impact - CNBC Video, July 9, 2009
- SMART Grid Technology and Critical Infrastructure Security -
Information Security Review Podcast, April 23, 2009
- Security Experts Weigh In on Insider Threats - eWeek Slideshow, March 6, 2009
- Interview with Dr. Ulf Lindqvist - Imperva Podcast, February 27, 2009
Ulf Lindqvist has supported the organization of the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy in various roles, including serving as General Chair of the 2010 Symposium.
- Pictures from the Awards Banquet at the 2010 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy
- Pictures from the 2011 Symposium
- An article by Peter G. Neumann and Ulf Lindqvist on the history of the Symposium and the move from its traditional venue