Mobile Maude is a Mobile Agent language extending the rewriting logic
language Maude and supporting mobile computation. Mobile Maude uses
reflection to obtain a simple and general declarative mobile language design
and makes possible strong assurances of mobile agent behavior. The two
key notions are processes and mobile objects. Processes
are located computational environments where mobile objects can reside.
Mobile objects have their own code, can move between different processes
in different locations, and can communicate asynchronously with each other
by means of messages. Mobile Maude's key novel characteristics include
- reflection as a way of endowing mobile objects with "higher-order"
- object orientation and asynchronous message passing
- high-performance implementation of the underlying Maude basis
- simple semantics without loss in the expressive power of application
- security mechanisms supporting authentication, secure message
passing, and secure object mobility
Mobile Maude has been specified and prototyped in Maude.
Specifications and Samples: